Saturday, October 24, 2009

Almost 30 weeks

I am almost 30 weeks along! 8-10 more weeks!
There are so many things to look forward to, they are innumerable, but if I could make a short list of what I am looking forward to, beyond the implied baby, this is it:

1. Being able to look at normal person clothes again. I am thankful that so far the area where I have gotten the biggest is my tummy, and everything else is pretty much the same, give or take an inch (three in the buttocks area). So, I am looking forward to shopping for new clothes in the spring and summer. Yes, I admit, I do like to shop, and I appreciate my old body even more now. It won't be the same, but still.

2. Being able to go out for dinner and a drink or two, thanks to our sitter (mother-in-law) in waiting. She's a different kind of person, but I know having her available will be a huge benefit to us.

3. Having sushi again, at some point.

4. Going on my 4-mile walk in the spring--or for that matter, going on a walk without feeling like my lower ligaments are being pulled over my head.

And of course....

5. Opening a new chapter of our life. I'm the type of person to look at all of the difficulties of raising a child before I look at the positives, but I know there will be many bright spots to balance out the dark, and it will all be worth it.

No comments: