Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time out

There's a reason why we all have vacation days built into our schedule...we need time off. Of course, I feel badly for moms who apparently never get vacation days, but nonetheless, I am enjoying my spring break.

Sat-Mon: went to see my dad...was feeling a little off the whole time, as it's only been two weeks since I had the flu, but it was nice to get away.
Monday: drove back home, and watched the Hills with B. Can we say AWKWARD with Heidi and Spencer...and it seems as though Spencer's sister has realized what a complete ASS her brother is, perhaps from watching the shows?

Tuesday: did NOTHING. I took a long nap on the sofa...oh, and I finally got around to downloading songs onto my iPod...and getting rid of a bunch of songs my father uploaded onto my computer. Although I enjoy the Beatles, I don't want to listen to every single song written by them. So, Beatles gone, and Killers and the Fray are now with me. :)

Wed: best day yet. Woke up late...drank coffee, and then got ready to go get a massage, which didn't end up happening. The lady who I was supposed to go to apparently lost her cat and had to cancel. That's okay, I'm getting a free facial and "parafin" soak, although I really don't know what that is. So then I just drove to Macy's and went shopping...got three shirts and two bras. Score! Then, I drove to the beach and went on a long walk...and on the way home I washed my car for the first time in well over a year--yes, it's been that long.

So for as much as I hem and haw over living in this area, being able to do what I did today is pretty cool. How many people can just stop off for a walk on the beach on their way home? Not too shabby...just wish winter here didn't suck so badly as it does.

Wed (today): woke

No comments: