Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why?

Can someone please tell me why I am supposed to care about a singer like Rihanna, and whether or not she got her jewels back, or whether or not someone named Fox is into a Twilight star, or any other high school-esque issue?

Each day I go to the "news" online and intermixed with headlines about some real stories are headlines such as "Fox doesn't go for Twilight star." Now I am guessing that the news agencies are trying to capture a younger audience, but is posting it on their website really going to grab that attention? I say, know your market and your demographic, and stick to it. Because in reality, I seriously doubt there are many eighteen year olds going onto CNN.com to check their news. It's sad to say, but true, and interspersing real news with this crap is just plain annoying.

No comments: