Saturday, August 23, 2008

School of Hard Knocks Gym

It goes without saying that everyone has weird neighbors. Weird because they are not like us. I thought my neighbors were pretty boring, but oh, today I learned I've got some weird ones not too far. 

Today Barry was out on the porch reading a book for his class. In the distance I could hear some thumping, but didn't know what it was. He came in and told me that there was some guy carrying a heavy beam on his shoulder, walking with it while doing deep knee bends. Strange, we thought. 

So then we decided to go on a walk, and we discovered the full majesty of the "School of Hard Knocks Gym." Out in the driveway, one girl was literally tossing a boxing bag up into the air and catching it. Up it went and down it flew into her arms, over and over. Then we discovered the source of the thumping. Another girl was in the drive way swinging a sledgehammer up and and down, striking some unknown surface, and then quickly raising it up above her head again. "thump, thump" went the hammer. Then there was a huge tractor tire sitting idle in the driveway. Its purpose, I cannot imagine. Off in the garage was a guy barking "come on ladies! good job!" He was the guy carrying the beam who B saw earlier. 

Yes, these are my neighbors. I guess they miss boot camp?

1 comment:

Kristianna said...

I think that guy is making money off idiots, LOL! "Yeah, I have an unconventional workout that will keep you far from bored! Here, grab a car mecahnic dolly and crab-walk-trolley on your back around the block 4 times as fast a you can. That'll be $20. Thanks!"

LOL!