Thursday, June 4, 2009

Newsie news

It's strange how what wives and husbands choose to communicate can be entirely different, and the timing of what they choose to communicate can be vastly different from one another. 

So I'll share my news because those who are reading this who know me, likely already know. For those of you who don't know me, well, I don't care if you know because I don't know you, and it's not like you're sitting around gossiping about a girl whose picture isn't even posted.

So, yes, I am pregnant! I'm nine weeks along now, and what's funny is that although B told his mom, he hasn't told anyone else on his side yet. Meanwhile, I would say that about 15 people on my side know. The funny part about B is that he wants to tell his best friend first, but here's the problem: his best friend has a 9 month old and they rarely see each other. When we did see each other, he couldn't find the right moment to share this with him. So it's become a running joke with us. How long will it take? Will it be January 6th, my due date, when he finally knows? Ah well, all in good time.

I say this as if I take it all in stride now, but no, I have been annoyed by this. I wish he would just go ahead and say it, hell, text it if he has to. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's that it's not a bad secret that we're keeping, and when B's friend found out they were expecting, he told us almost as soon as he found out, which is when his wife was only 4 weeks along, and that is really early. 

Sometimes B's indecisiveness and procrastination drives me batty, and then when it doesn't, I also know that with him, things just take time. Hopefully by January his friends will know. Ha!

The first ultrasound is on Tuesday. I hope everything is okay. Of course this is every expectant mother's worry, and I do think things are okay, but I hope I don't end up as wrong and mistaken, and having to delete this whole post in embarrassment and shame. 

No comments: