Monday, June 29, 2009

Just can't wait

My sister and her kids came for a long weekend and they just left. I am sad to see them go, but I am also excited about what lies ahead for me and B.

Over the past few days we took the kids to various beaches in the area. The furthest one was an hour and a half away in the Outer Banks. Although I was not the biggest of hits to the littlest one, who is one and a half and really only wants momma, I can say for sure that B was a big hit with the boys.

He took my middle nephew out into the water and tossed him all around (wish I could, but my doc says no). When the littlest one saw him approaching, he would yell out "Ba ba!" and nothing made me happier to see that he was very well loved by all of the kids. Seeing him with a child perched on his hip just made me even more excited about our future.

To be sure, we heard enough blood curdling screams from the baby and C, and we know it will be hard, but I want it all. I want that, the messes, the joy, the laughs, the growth, everything.

I am now sitting in a quiet house as they make their way out to see some friends before heading back to Northern Virginia. The quiet is nice, but I also enjoy the sound of kids playing and laughing. I don't think anyone enjoys hearing a child cry, so I can't say I will miss that, but I will miss them, my sister included.

I am hoping that we can do this again next summer, only maybe next time we'll just rent a house in the Outer Banks and let everyone come and stay for the week.

One can only hope.

No comments: