Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ah, blessed weekend

On Friday I thought I must be getting sick, or something else (preggo?) because I was so tired that I literally ached to the bones. I told B that my bones hurt, and he looked at me like I was insane. I guess he's never had that feeling of being bone-tired. But, after a hot bath and 10 hours of sleep, I felt much better. And since we don't plan to even think about trying to get PG until this summer, I would prefer not to be pregnant, and rather just exhausted.

This weekend has been good. Yesterday we sat and discussed our thoughts on money and the future...and then we went out to look at a few neighborhoods where we saw what looked to be some cute houses--online.

Basically, it goes like this. We want to have a nice house, but we also want to take vacations like taking the future family to Disney World along with our parents...I want to take a trip to the Grand Canyon and have my dad come. It's been his lifelong dream to go to the Grand Canyon, and because of his disability, the thought of him never getting to see what he wants to see is just heartbreaking to me, so we want to take him on that trip, and for him to get to go to Disney World. It is one of his most favorite places to visit. There is a certain innocence about my father that I really love. He can be abrasive and insensitive from time to time, but his favorite comedy routine is the Three Stooges, and he loves Disney movies. And I also suppose that when B starts talking about his random thoughts and his innate silliness comes out, it makes me feel happy and comfortable because I know who he reminds me of.

So, we went to a few houses in this area that we thought we might like. WRONGO. Yikes. Houses listed in the 300Ks, and they are obviously listed by crack smoking flippers. One house that was next to a house on sale literally had shutters falling off the house. WTF? So, after driving by a few, we decided that it may be a while before we buy anything. I am not settling for some 80s house that has been upgraded, but still needs a lot of work. At least we are in no hurry and aren't pressed for time at the moment.

I have to say that although I enjoy using the internet to search for houses, it's so deceptive. You can see a house online that looks to be nice, but then you go there, and it's not at all what you thought it would be, or the neighborhood isn't at all what you had hoped it to be. And I can't imagine why someone would buy some of these houses when there are many more for sale, around the same price, in a nicer area. Oh well. To each his/her own, but it won't be for us.

Oh, and I've been reading Lord of the Rings. I like to pick a thick books to read during the winter time, since I am not outside nearly as much. I have to say that now that I am reading the books, the movies make so much more sense. The reason why the movies are so confusing is because a lot was left out. I understand they had to edit for time, but some details that were left out should have been included. Anyway, I feel so much more enlightened now! I don't really know why Tolkein thought that he must emphasize which direction the hobbits are traveling with such detail--taking many paragraphs to explain such details--but for the most part, I am enjoying it.

Ah, blessed weekend. Off to spend him with B, and then go to church.

No comments: