Monday, January 21, 2008

Randomness for the Day

So I had the day off today, which gave me time to do what I would normally do on a Sunday and Monday after work, which is: do the dishes, wipe the counters (how they get so nasty so quickly I will never know), plan for food and lesson planning, oh, and laundry. A few things came to mind today that I thought about.

So today I get home from both stores, and as I'm trying to put all of the groceries away, there are several bags full of recycling in front of the shelves where the cans need to go. So I put down the cans and pull out two bags of recycling. At first I start to take it downstairs to the garage, but then I think, "No, I'm going to have my husband do it." So I quickly pull four bags of recycling out, and line them neatly by the top of the stairs, so when he comes home, he will see "Oh, I need to take these down." Of course, the more likely scenario is he will see them, ask me "why is this recycling here?" then I'll say "So you can take it down." He'll grunt, and walk away, and I'll get impatient knowing that he probably won't do it until later, if at all, and in the meantime, I'll lose my mind because they should not be there. Yes, I know. Totally crazy. Then, I get the thought that it would be nice for everything to be neat and clean when he gets home, and then we'll have a nice dinner (roasted chicken, baked mac and cheese and butter beans)...and so, even though I want the help, I'll just do it myself, and so I did. Yes, I really do think we women are makers of our own drama. I'm only hoping that I won't give him some spiel about how I took them all down, once again. I am trying to promise myself I won't do that.

Which brings me to the idea of pulling out wires and plugging them back into the right places in my head. I know from brain research that people are literally hard wired to do, say and think certain things, and that the wiring created starts from birth. So I have to say that trying to pull out and rewire all of the dysfunction of my childhood (which, coincidentally enough, didn't seem so bad at the time, until I was 12) is no easy task...where did this non-sequiter come from? Well, just the impulse to give my husband crap about things I willingly do is a wire that I am tugging at right now. We all have our glitches, but damn if this one doesn't suck.

One last thing. Over the weekend my husband and I had a LOOOONG talk about whether or not to move, and if we move, then where do we go? Long and short of it is that we are staying in the area indefinitely. And now, dear hubby is on the house hunt. I want to move into a house, but I was thinking that it would be this summer. It probably will, but I wouldn't be surprised if we find something sooner. Gulp. Hopefully we will both be predictably picky about this, and take our time. I have been enjoying not planning a wedding, relocating....buying a house is pretty huge. Still, I am excited. When I was at Target today I was just thinking about how we need to hold off on buying anything for our current place, because we'll need the money for our new place.

GULP.

No comments: