Sunday, January 20, 2008

I am now an official blogger

Hello!
I have been meaning to start my own blog for quite some time. It seems to be a good fit for me, since I tend to pontificate on life and the world around us. So now, here I am. Get ready!

First off, I'll start off by saying that it is freakin' cold here! Now I'm not talking Green Bay, WI, cold, but for my coastal blood, it's pretty freezing--in the 20s now, and supposed to drop into the teens. I worry about Global Warming, because I believe it is real, and not a hoax, but despite all of that, I do like my warmer weather.

Today my husband and I rearranged our office space to make it more appealing for me to be creative. When I was a kid, I used to draw and draw for hours. I remember my dad sitting and watching TV, and I would sit in a nearby chair sketching people and animals, all the time. Now I can draw just about anything put in front of me, but when I was an art major at Longwood, it killed all creative motivation in me. Being forced into making art is not something I enjoy, and it damaged me more than I knew. I think, though, that I have recovered from that, and I now want to create. I also learned that when I was making things for our wedding, I enjoyed creating in my spare time. So now, I'm back.

On my desk I have charcoals, oils, acrylics and sketch pads, canvases, etc. I really hope I do get back into it. I'm finally feeling comfortable and relaxed, and that I can finally be creative.

No comments: