Sunday, May 11, 2008

GRRRRRRRR--yes, this is a complaint

So I talked to my dad tonight and I mentioned the fact that he never calls me, that I am always the one calling him. He said that he didn't know my schedule, or when a good time to call was. I said that if he calls my cell he can get me pretty much any time after 3, or at night after 7. Then he says in a defensive tone that he called me 4 times last week and never got me. Yes, he called my landline, which no one uses. I then ask if he left a message, and he said no. I said, "Well, how am I supposed to call you back if you don't leave a message. I don't have Caller ID." And then, it occurred to me the irony behind his actions. Here's the guy who has been known to bitch endlessly about how no one calls him, how he doesn't hear from his daughter(s), blah blah blah. I'm the one who calls about once per week, and he NEVER calls me, at least as far as I know, and then, when he has the chance to leave a message, he doesn't.  Hopefully he will know better next time, or I am going to have to tackle this head-on.

No comments: