Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Following up to yesterday

I had a class meeting with the kids, and since I had no way to apologize directly to the child whose parents complained, I just told them that if my sarcasm ever hurt them, then I was sorry, and never in any way meant to hurt them. Their reaction? Blank stares. I'm wondering if my poor early-Alzheimers principal got me confused with my team teacher, as she often does. Anyway, the kids were fine, and then we had a class meeting and I asked what they liked about this year, and what they would like to see change. When I asked what they liked, many hands flew up into the air almost instantly, and so I felt better. What was gratifying was that they picked up on things that I do with them. I'm never sure if they are really aware of my strategies, but when they told me what I do, and they were right, it was nice to see that they paid attention. As for changes? More homework passes, more rewards, vote for citizen of the month (I pick because I don't want it to be a popularity contest), etc. 

In essence, kids are kids, and as long as THEY are okay, I am okay. ;)

No comments: