Monday, December 1, 2008

Help me...please

There is a person I know who is a reading teacher. She wants to continue teaching reading, even though I think she is a better math and science teacher.

I am even more so convinced by the following:

She teaches "homophoMes," but not "homophoNes". Perhaps I should just start calling them homonyms to see if she follows suit.
In a letter to a parent, she stated that her daughter would have "amble" time to finish the work. I suppose she could amble along to the finish line.
And finally, in a conversation, she used the word "astrominable," which isn't even a word, in place of "astronomical".

Help me.

Please.

2 comments:

Kristianna said...

Amble time... hoo that's rich. Well, except that she's teaching people.

I used to think it was to all 'intensive purposes' until I was in college, but then again, not a major gaffe and I am not teaching anyone. ;)

Elle said...

Poor thing. She is actually tone deaf, so I think part of it is that she doesn't hear phonemes properly, so her articulation is way off. Still....