Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I wonder

When women weren't supposed to work anywhere but at home, what did they do all day? The obvious answer is raise children, but not all women had kids. Some just couldn't, and some never did. So what did they do?

I wonder because I imagined just not working, even though I love what I do. Obviously I could not get away with this, and B has said that unless I have to stop working, if he is working, then I am working. This is fine because I like staying busy. But still, being a DINK has its advantages, and sometimes I dream of just staying home to do what I do during the summer, which is stay more attuned to my life at home. I bore easily though, so I know it won't work.

2 comments:

Kristianna said...

You could be like the lady across the street, who will dash out to bring in her trash and recycling bins about 4 seconds after they're emptied, then sweep the curb! :)

Elle said...

Talk about Pavlov's bell! Wow. Now that is some serious boredom.