Friday, April 25, 2008

Forcing the issue

I'm still considering what to do about our housing situation. It's weird, but somehow I actually did envision us shopping for a house this summer even last summer. After much consideration, we decided not to buy, and now we are presented with this dilemma.

I know this much: we are not taking a step down from where we are living now. I simply refuse. If we HAD to live in an area because that's the best we could do, then that would be okay. But, given that we have a nice rental now, I most certainly will not live in something in lesser condition than what we have now, if we don't have to. I can say though that I wouldn't mind putting in new flooring into a new place. The flooring would be bamboo...that much I have decided. Also, if we had to do new counter tops for a kitchen, I would want to them to be environmentally conscientious. Hmmm....much research to do.

Last night B said that we could find a new rental and get to know a new area in this city. I do NOT want to rent AGAIN. I am so sick and tired of moving. I friggin' hate it. I guess it's mostly because I feel like I've been moving since I was 15. I haven't felt stable in a housing situation since I was that age, and I would really love to feel that stability again. It's the worst feeling to have when you know that you won't be in one place for very long, and so you don't fully live in the place where you reside. You simple exist, you don't live in a place. Too many times have I packed up boxes to start over again. I'm writing as if I'm a military wife or something, but really, when you move every other year, it gets old. I used to find excitement in thinking of the next destination, but to sum it up, I'm getting too old for this crap.

No comments: