Monday, April 7, 2008

Mmmmm-Yummy recipe

Tonight I made a yummy polenta dish, and I thought I might share the recipe. BTW, for those of you who don't know, polenta is just the Italian version of grits. Really.

1 cup gruyere
1 cup smoked mozzarella
1 1/4 cups polenta (I used quick grits--if you want to spend $4 on a box of polenta, have at it! Otherwise, I spent $1.19 on Quick Grits--same difference.)
1 cup milk (I used fat free)
3 cups water
1 tbsp butter (I use whipped. Less fat.)
1 minced garlic clove
Several slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
1 sprig rosemary

1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Bring 3 cups water and one cup milk to a boil.
3. Add polenta, stirring gently with a wire whisk.
Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
4. Cook until thick and creamy.
5. Spread out half of polenta in a greased baking dish (I used cooking spray). Sprinkle half of each chese over the first layer.
6.. Add the remaining polenta, and top off with remaining cheese. Set aside.
8. Melt the butter until it foams. Add the garlic. Sweat the garlic, but be careful not to let it brown.
10. Add the prosciutto to the pan and simmer until the ham is slightly crisp.
11. Remove the prosciutto and add to the top of the polenta. Sprinkle a touch of rosemary on top for a little twist.
12. Bake for 5 mins. Serve immediately, or, let it set up so it's firmer.

YUM!

No comments: