Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I don't GET it

Okay, I don't get two things right now. First: School of Hard Knocks Gym.

Second: the bailout bill that was just passed supposed to help alleviate the so-called credit crunch because people have not been able to take out loans due to banks and other lenders paranoia about losing their money, right? Right. So why is it that I just read a report about how *shockingly* consumer loans were down, EVEN THOUGH a group of economists predicted it would go UP? WHY WOULD THEY PREDICT IT TO GO UP WHEN THE WHOLE BAILOUT WAS BECAUSE OF TIGHTENING CREDIT?????? Tightening credit means people can't take outloans!!!! Really, I wonder how it is that we know anything, because when we actually listen to what people say, there are so many contradictions and seemingly stupid revelations. 

Also, I would also like to say that during our last bad recession in 1991 or somewhere around then, I remember hearing reporters on the news say that sales at Wal-Mart were strong, so that must be a sign that the economy was improving. Really? If more people are shopping at discount stores like Wal-Mart, doesn't that mean that their money has to go further because they have less of it? I said as much to my dad, at that time, and he just laughed because he said I had a point. I know we were shopping at Wal-Mart more, and I know we had less money than before. I doubt we were unique. 

No comments: