Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bloggy blogging

So I just feel like blogging, even though I don't really have anything too fascinating to say (although I suppose one might also say that none of my other posts are fascinating either, but really, I don't care). I do have a couple of reflections to make:

~Reflection #1: People who don't know the difference between the Constitution and Declaration of Independence really should not give out any advice.

When people give you advice to take a certain vitamin supplement, like Zinc, do your research. I started taking Zinc in either October or November, and I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that it really messed up my body. Sure, I was more immune to the kids' illnesses, but as a consequence, it really disrupted my female sensitivities, and I am only now almost fully recovered. So yeah, do your research, and never trust any advice given by a girl who thinks that the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are the same thing.

What? you might ask...well, the same girl who gave the advice to take zinc also invited me to join this Facebook group called "Know the Constitution." So on the group's mission statement, they had the lines "When in the course of human events...all men are created equally..." that come straight from the Declaration of Independence. I didn't join the group because I could tell it was a group of idiots. I should have known better to take her advice. Really, my body was fine as it was.

~Reflection #2: Caffeine may be a Godsend to many of us, but really, be careful.

I have cut my caffeine consumption dramatically since I have been having issues with my health. I figured that I was probably drinking way too much anyway, so I decided to cut back. I stopped drinking caffeinated coffee in the morning, and wow! what a difference. I am much less irritable towards my students, and really, it makes a huge difference. Sure, it may keep up me awake for longer, but during the time that I am awake and with other people, being constantly irritated by others is no way to be. I am positive the coffee did this to me because today I cheated. I had a little coffee this morning, and I could feel the difference very quickly. I had less patience and was much more quickly irritated. I am still coming off of my caffeine rush. And I also think I am a little bit obnoxious tonight. Ha!

~Reflection #3: Even if you're afraid of losing your job, still enjoy life.

Last night I told B that while I took a bath I decided that he and I need to go ahead and make our travel plans for this summer. We need to go ahead and book the hotels and flights, and if something happens where we can't go, then we'll just cancel. But we can't wait to see what happens, because what if nothing happens? Then we will have missed out on what could be a great vacation to Paris, and we'll regret it. I do want to explore the possibility of going to Sweden. So I think this weekend that will be one of my missions. Vive la France!

No comments: