Sunday, March 29, 2009

Irritations and solutions

At various points in time, there are little things that build up to be bigger things, and one day we are just royally pissed off for little to no good reason, other than just being pissed off in general.

My list:
1. Not feeling like I am listened to by anyone, whatsoever, which lends itself to not feeling respected. Many times I feel as though I say things to people, and through a course of conversations that follow, I can tell that they weren't listening to me at all the first time. I feel it with my students, parents, family members, everyone. What makes it harder is that because of the way I am, I usually do remember what people tell me, even if it's mundane and boring, so it's hard for me to understand that there's a good chance that I will have to repeat myself if I want anyone to listen. Yet sometimes I feel like I am not heard at all, no matter how many times I speak.

2. Dishes. I despise dishes. Ever since I was a kid, I have detested washing dishes. I have been playing tag with my dishes, and they have won, until today, as I angrily scrubbed each and every single pot, vowing not to cook dinner tonight, and maybe not all week. Can I get an amen?

3. Cleaning and cleaning while hubby plays games on X-Box with his friend EVERY SINGLE F-ING DAY. This morning he played X-Box at 10am until noon. After cleaning for a good while, I sat down on the sofa and watched a little TV. He sits down beside me and tells me he's thinking of playing a game. I looked at him and asked, "Are you serious?" He looked at me as if I had just asked if two plus two equals six. He didn't answer. I told him to go ahead, even though I thought it was a bit much. He turned on the X-Box in a sulking manner, and only played for a little while with his friend.

On to his friend: I think he's a good guy, but I also think he's a boring guy. When B told him we were planning a trip to Paris, he informed B that he knew what the Eiffel Tower looked like because he had seen it in Vegas. Ugh. And yet, in spite of his obvious lack of personality, they are best friends, and so B indulges his boring friend, and I am left bored. B mostly indulges him because he has a baby at home and his wife is pregnant, again. So the odds of his friend actually getting out for guy time are slim to none. And yet I sit, bored.

So onto the solutions.
1. Be patient. I lose patience and become irritated, but for the most part, I try to be patient with others.

2. Eat out every now and then and give myself a break. This afternoon B and I went to PetCo and got a scratching stand for our cat, and as we drove back home, we tried to decide what to have for dinner. I told him I honestly couldn't think of cooking. I didn't want to dirty another dish because I was sick to death of dishes. On to Wendy's we went, and I actually had a fairly healthy meal of a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad for 390 calories, total. I am happy B listened to my grievance.

3. I have made it known to B that he is playing way too much X-Box. It's ridiculous. I don't care if it's every once in a while, but when I am sequestered into another room because of his game playing, it gets old, very fast, and I make him well aware, and for the most part, I think he does listen to me.

2 comments:

Kristianna said...

While I hope I don't contribute too much to #1, I have a complimentarty gripe: never being able to focus only on what I am doing. Like right now, Carter is at my right elbow asking if he can have 'two Transformers'. I have no clue why 2.

Dishes and laundry. Never win. I do 2 loads some days now. 2 of each.

Elle said...

So they can fight each other. DUUUUHHHHH. :p