Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Wreath

I officially despise the Condo Association that regulates the complex where I live.

From December through February, I had a white wreath up on my front door. Sure, it was for Christmas, but since it was white, I decided it would work for the rest of winter too. The COA had other ideas. They literally sent a violation notice to the owner of the unit, citing that it was seasonal, and needed to come down. We were late in mailing the notice to the owner, so technically we didn't remove it quickly enough, so now they are having a freaking HEARING over the stupid wreath, and in all likelihood, we will be fined for the wreath.

I should add that nowhere in the Rules and Regulations book does it say anything about wreaths. It's nowhere to be found, and all of these other little old ladies have these gaudy spring wreaths up, but I guess it's okay because it's spring, and it makes sense! Give me a break. How it is that I can get in trouble for a wreath, while a condo a few units down has a bona fide business running out of its gym during the day, and not get in trouble, is beyond me.

Yes, I despise them. It's not like I was selling crack out in the front of the complex or something. It's a wreath. I hate feeling like I am being punished for doing nothing. What really gets me is that they cannot sell these units. I think part of the reason is b/c of the COA. The are terrible, and anyone who gets wind of it would be an idiot to buy a unit here.

Ack.

No comments: