Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Idea or Waste of Money?

In theory, at least according to the owners of this company, a ring you put around the mouth of a water bottle to help identify your water bottle versus another, is supposed to save the use of water bottles. I personally think it's a useless piece of, well, crap, designed for someone with more money than they know what to do with. Why else would you buy this? If you're worried about someone taking your bottle, why not put a rubber band around it? I don't think this will curtail anyone lifting a bottle. On the contrary, I could see someone purposely taking it just to get the cute little adornment.

But maybe you should be the judge.


I wonder if the makers of this product are aware that once a generic water bottle is exposed to heat, say in a car, it begins to release a toxic chemical into the water. So in reality, it may be healthier to recycle that bottle, or just not buy one at all.




2 comments:

Kristianna said...

Looks stupid. A Sharpie would do the trick. :)

Aside from what you said, I also read that reusing ordinary water bottles makes a nice bacterial breeding ground.

Elle said...

Yes. My students leave their water bottles on their desk, and will let the water sit in it for days. I usually dump it out after a day or two, and then they refill it, thinking they drank it all.