Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cupcakes

Before I start on this subject, please realize that I know I am very random. I am talking about recessions in one post, and then cupcakes in the next...just call me layered. Alright call me weird. I don't care. Ha!

I love cupcakes. From childhood to adult life I have always loved cupcakes...until I taught Kindergarten, where there is no shortage of the sweet little cakes covered in sugary goodness. When I first started to teach I was so excited when my students brought in cupcakes. Their parents would happily bring in 24 cupcakes in a plastic box and I would secretly drool at the thought of getting to eat just one little cupcake. And then another birthday would come. And then another. And by the end of the year all I could think was "Come on parents! Bring in something else." I was sick to death of cupcakes. Cupcake fatigue lasted until recently. Thankfully fifth graders are wise to the unimaginative nature of cupcakes for birthdays, as I think they too get tired of eating cupcakes for years and years. So they bring in things like cookies, brownies, ice cream, and only once or twice have I seen cupcakes brought in. 

Now I do believe I love cupcakes once again. 

How can you NOT love cupcakes? They are a perfect portion of cake topped off with sweet sugar and butter (or Crisco, but I'll ignore this fact), tinted with the perfect colors of pink, purple, any color you could really want. The best part is that people can make them so cool looking. My sister found a great way to decorate them using teddy grahams and gummy savers. 

So I am thankful to have gotten away from the little kid scene long enough to once again appreciate the wonderfulness that is the cupcake.

(And now, I'm off to the gym to work off my craving!) 
 

No comments: