Monday, July 28, 2008

Lesson learned the hard way

Reminder to self: if you go on a sweat inducing walk/run of three miles when there's high humidity and it's already in the 80s by 11am, be sure to eat plenty of protein and drink plenty of water afterwards. If not, be sure to have several Advil ready, as well as food that's ready to eat (thank goodness I picked up a rotisserie chicken while I was at the store).

I thought I had enough water, but after stumbling through my house with a blinding headache I saw my water bottle and it wasn't nearly empty enough. So I chugged away. And apparently just eating a Boca burger and salad isn't enough sustenance after said walk. OH AND don't then go to school and start pushing furniture around and follow that up with an iced coffee. Geeze! We all do stupid things, and this definitely counts.

So okay, lesson learned. Ugh.

1 comment:

Kristianna said...

Be careful! I got heat exhaustion a month or 6 weeks ago, and it was close to what you said you felt... just add in nausea and intense sweating even when still and you got heat exhaustion. I'm sure you'll be more cautious now, though. Such a crappy feeling!