Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time to Start Saving Nuts for the Long Hard Winter

Okay, no, Virginia Beach never gets really cold. I am speaking metaphorically, of course. 

For many reasons I am SO HAPPY that B and I did not buy a house. I am so happy my husband is such a miser; because it appears as though we may need to bear down and hold onto what we have for a good long while. I am thankful I have a job. I am thankful that I am the second-most senior on my team at school. I have been at my school for two years, and that is one more than another teacher on my team, and we always have 4 spots on my team. If I get tenure, I will also have security.  I am also thankful that despite our misgivings about B's company, they have enough overseas investors that they will likely survive the current "recession" and he will hopefully continue to do well. If he does end up losing his job (I do not think he will, even if they let others go--but they are still talking about hiring), then it may be hard, but I know we will be okay. The last thing I would want would be a higher mortgage payment to deplete our savings....and speaking of, I am going to continue to pile my winter food stock away, just in case we need it. I am thankful that B has been doing this for the past 8 years.

Yes, I am thankful. 

No comments: