Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Honestly

Yesterday or the day before I was on ForeclosureListingsVA.com and I looked up the foreclosures in my area. I saw many bankruptcy listings in a posh area of Virginia Beach. These houses are listed in the multi-millions, and to be totally honest, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Yeah, it sucks to lose your house; but these very same people who are trying to sell their houses before the courts take them are the very same ones who prance around town as if they are the royalty of the area. They moved into the area and ran up the prices on the North End to the point that no one, not even they, can afford to live there. Somehow we were supposed to be in awe of their affluence. Really, I was in awe of their stupidity for buying at the height of a bubble, thinking somehow that their purchase would really make them better people in society.

I go to the "hoity-toity" gym in the area, and many of the trophy wives who live in the said area really do walk around with chips on their shoulders and rarely do you even get a glance your way. As if making a gesture towards someone they don't know is beneath them. There are some very nice people at that gym, but really, those ladies can go bankrupt for all I care. And to be totally honest, if these bankruptcies take a few Lexus SUVs (which I actually like, but wouldn't buy) off the road, so much the better.  I am also watching the prices on some houses go down, and they are almost within reach for what we want to pay. The crazy part is that we're qualified to buy way more than what we want, but we know better than to bite off more than they can chew. 

I suppose there really is a thing like Karma (but not actually Karma, because Karma is so much more than "what goes around comes around."). If you go around treating people like crap because you think you have more than everyone else, life will bite you in the ass. That is a fact, Jack.

No comments: